M25 - Free Parking

It is a sign of modern times to be stuck in traffic on the M25. There have been very few occasions when the M25 has been free-flowing and problem-free (in my experience), but it really came to a crunch last week when the motorway was completely closed (albeit, unfortunately, because of an accident) for nearly 3 hours. My wife and I, travelling down to Goodwood from Norfolk for the Goodwood Revival (to work with the Vintage Hair Lounge) decided to go 'left' at the M11/M25 junction instead of 'right' and found ourselves slap-bang in the middle of a carpark.

What does a photographer do with time on his hands and his cameras in the car? Go and have a chat with his 'neighbours' and document the situation. To my surprise, everybody I spoke to were quite upbeat considering the situation we were all in (good old British spirit) and were, without exception, very happy to have their photograph taken. I suppose having a camera pointed at them, and chatting to some stranger on a motorway, was a welcome diversion from the tedium of the traffic jam.

There are not many places left in this country where you get free parking - but the M25 is certainly one of them!