Photography Degree with the OCA

I began studying with the Open College of the Arts (OCA) a few years ago, with the initial intention of simply 'scratching-up' on my photography and writing skills; however, with the introduction of the degree-level course, accredited through Buckinghamshire New University, I have taken the step to complete the full degree (BSc Hons in Creative Arts). I have been shooting in a semi-professional capacity for some time now, but the OCA courses have really helped me to hone and craft my skills and the results can be seen in the work that I produce. In addition, it helps me to critically analyse my work and search for improvements, thereby pushing me to continually improve. Without a doubt, the OCA has been a fabulous stepping-stone, catapulting me into a career in photography that seems to blossom more with each passing day.

Part of studying with the OCA is the need to continually reflect upon your work; the completion of a journal is therefore a compulsory part of any assessment. Having started this blog recently, to tie in with my website, I have decided that this would be the perfect vehicle in which to scribble my photographic/artistic musings and give my tutors (and any interested soul) the opportunity to comment on them. The next few months, therefore, will see a variety of postings, reflecting upon exhibitions, books, stumbled-upon images and pretty much anything that crosses my mind that bears relevance to my photographic journey and the pursuit of my degree.