A Dozen Eggs - Exhibition Launch

I'm absolutely delighted to announce that after an intense day of setting-up on Monday, my exhibition for A Dozen Eggs opened to the public yesterday at Bank Street Arts gallery in Sheffield. I'm really pleased with the result (and will post a few images of the exhibition after the Private View, scheduled for tomorrow evening).

Elizabeth Underwood (from UnderwoodWorks) has done a marvellous job with the PR, getting features into the Sheffield Telegraph and the Big Issue in the North, as well as onto various websites, such as Arts Council England, Ephotozine, Sheffield Town Talk, and Sheffield's official Tourist Information site. I owe her a debt of gratitude and I hope for some positive reviews after the show.

Jose Navarro, from the Open College of the Arts, is going to be hosting a student visit day within my exhibition, based upon family photography, on 24th November, which I hope lots of people will attend and get the opportunity to comment on my images.

I've already started work on 2 projects that have stemmed from A Dozen Eggs. The first is a collaboration with my mother, who is now in a care home in Salford, exploring aspects of memory and meaning within possessions, and the second is an extension of the family photography album, exploring  the lives of the children (and grandchildren) from those depicted within A Dozen Eggs, thereby creating a visual (and fluid) family tree. I shall post images as the projects develop.