Gillian Rose Blog

I have been researching opportunities for PhD study for next year and have been very keen on studying with Professor Gillian Rose, from The Open University. Professor Rose's book Doing Family Photography: The Domestic, The Public and The Politics of Sentiment was an enormous influence on the work that I did for A Dozen Eggs, which is to exhibit at Bank Street Arts Gallery in Sheffield between 12th November to 1st December this year.

Whilst trying to find some contact details for Professor Rose, I came across her blog (visualmethodculture.wordpress.com), which is absolutely fascinating and is a well of information and ideas concerning visual cultures. I shall be visiting the blog regularly; I'm sure it will inform a lively debate upon which I can base future practical application for my photography and art.